Monday, July 9, 2012

Good things, made easy

I love pizza. I love grilled food. Therefore I love grilled pizza. This is me. Excited about making grilled pizza.


Had some mushrooms and green onions and roasted garlic on hand, so I chopped them up. Along with some basil from my patio. You must have fresh basil and garlic on a pizza. I think it's a law.


It's OK to take shortcuts when it comes to making dinners on a worknight. We all have the benefit of knowing that Martha Stewart didn't always get it right. Sure, you can insist on making your pizza sauce from scratch, but that won't keep you from going to jail if you do insider trading. You gotta keep your priorities straight. So feel free to use jarred sauce and pre-made crust.


I wrapped all the chopped veggies in some tinfoil, added olive oil and salt and let them cook while I prepped the pizza.  Then it was assembly time. I topped it with montery jack goat cheese, because these were pretty mild veggies, so it needed something creamy and tangy. You just need to know it doesn't melt the same as cow cheese, so be careful not to burn your pizza because you're waiting for it to look like normal pizza.


When I experiment, I usually think of things that would make it even better. Sausage and fennel would've been amazing, but I didn't have any on hand. So, I relaxed, kicked back, and enjoyed the bird seranade from my backyard deck, while I waited for the pizza to finish cooking.




And it was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment