Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I call this the firecracker

I call this little number the firecracker. Not that it has anything to do with explosions. Just cause it's the 4th of July. It's simple:

Fresh squeezed orange juice from 2 sweet oranges
3 TBSP Cointreau
1 oz 100 % agave tequila

Shake and serve over ice.


If you don't have a shaker, don't worry. I just use a large mason jar with a lid. It works perfectly.
Also, you should serve this in glassware that you love, since this is just for fun.


I used the glasses that my parents used to use when they played bridge. I have a vague memory of  reaching up over the table and sneaking a taste of someone's whiskey in water. At the time, I thought it tasted like sweet watery rubbing alchohol, burning a path down my throat.  In some ways that drink was way more firecrackery than the one I made, though not as tasty. So if you're celebrating today, I suggest you try mine. Or make up one of your own. Ooh... maybe with cayenne pepper? Now THAT would be firecrackery. Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment