Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Food-Venture





Yes, I'm aware it's Monday. But that doesn't mean we have to just roll over and settle for take-out. C'mon. Work with me here. Start by getting some pasta going on your stovetop in salted boiling water with some olive oil. 



Next, saute some chopped veggies with onion and roasted garlic in olive oil. I used 2 small zucchini, a small bunch of amaranth, and some portabella mushrooms.



After it wilts, add some spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper and basil. I set aside half of the saute mix, which I will use tomorrow to top a grilled pizza. The remainder of the sauce was added to drained fully cooked gluten free pasta. (You can use regular old elbow macaroni). There was easily enough leftover for lunch tommorrow too!


Pretty tasty.


I wanted a salad too.



Honestly, I'm not a big fan of arugula, but I keep trying it in different ways, just in case. So you can't imagine how happy I was to finally find a way to love it, and it was soooo simple. I just added a sliced avocado and a super sweet & juicy Valencia orange from my fruit share, plus a drizzle of honey ginger vinegar. That's all. Somehow those creamy citrusy sweet peppery flavors all work well together. Must say- I enjoyed this even more than the entree. Not bad for a Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment