Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Grilling Feast-a-Thon


I have this grill that I have barely used, and today just happened to be labor Day, so I called up one of my peeps, Cary, and suggested a BBQ to send summer off. She agreed that would be a fine thing to do, and so it was arranged.


I made cheesburgers, loaded with provolone cheese, and onions grilled in butter. Success!

 
 
 
And potato wedges with olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper.




Cary made a cucumber, onion, and dill salad. It was supposed to have mayonaise added, but I guess I was out. So this was our health food. :)

 
 
 
She also made fresh sauteed green beans, onions, and bacon. There was literally none left.

 
 
 
And she brought her teenage daughters. Tomorrow is their first day of the new school year. Jules is going to be a freshman. Can you tell how excited she is? She thinks I'm weird. Can you imagine?




And this is Amanda (yep- she has one of those too.) She is going to be a senior this year. She's used to me by now. Which means she has perfected the polite laugh. But that's OK, because she LOVES to talk about horses, and I listen to her, even though after all these years, I still don't know much about them.

 
 
 
Yummm! Thank you, summer!!!!  

 
 
 
 
I leave you with this story that frankly makes me look foolish, but it's funny, so why not? I heard Cary chopping veggies next to my fridge, and I thought she was chopping them on the counter. I was about to tell her that I have plenty of chopping boards she could use, when I turned and noticed that she was already using this one. That I didn't know I even had. Seriously, I have lived in this house for almost a year...

 
 
Hmmm. I wonder if there is a secret money room that I don't know about. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment