Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When less-than-perfect is totally OK

OK, I'm pretty embarrassed about a recent failure of mine. I'd like to try to play it cool, but reality has a way of kicking my a@# when I do. So, you may remember a couple days back, when I unleashed my fury (a can of bug killer) on a wasps' nest by my front door, and proclaimed them all gone in the space of about five minutes, while I was cooking dinner.

Well, sad, but true story. The next day, there were even more, only now they looked all angry. Can't say as if I blame them. But it was a blow to the ego and to girl power in general. And since I'm not ready to try again quite yet, I'm totally avoiding my own front door. Like a sissy. Oh well. I can accept that I can't be great at everything and can't always succeed on the first try; I will just try again once I find a new better strategy to attack my zombie clone wasps.

I haven't been cooking as much lately either. Mostly because when I don't get home until after normal dinner time, I'm not always feeling super inspired. Besides, who's going to complain? Amanda's at college and she's not always appreciative of my cooking anyway.

The good news is I can make whatever I feel like. Tonight I wanted broccoli. There is nothing like fresh broccoli from a CSA, or the Farmer's Market, or your own garden. It's good to know where your food comes from. Plus you don't hafta mess with it. Steam it, add a little butter, and some course ground salt- awesome!!!



And since that wasn't enough to make a meal, I re-heated some of my homemade eggplant lasagna. It was delicious (though not attractive- you can't even tell what it was. lol! ). And yet it was even better as leftovers than it was right out of the oven.






Finally- a little insurance to assure the quality of the dinner experience- a margarita on the rocks with good tequila, Cointreau, and fresh squeezed orange juice.





OK, so technically it probably wasn't a margarita, but who cares? And after that, who needs dessert?




Sometimes it's good to settle for less than perfect! You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment