Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Random good food

OK, so I admit, I've been delinquent with my posts.

So here's what I made for supper tonight. I was super hungry after doing a little shopping. Shopping tends to stress me out a little, but it was all good. Bought a pair of non-baggy pants two sizes lower, Yay! So this is a picture of my sandwich, as I was just discussing.

It was pretty awesome. Wilted greens, thick sliced heirloom tomato, Wisconsin Havarti cheese, avocado, whole grain gluten-free bread. And it took like five minutes to make.

 
Here is the glamour shot, with some of Brian's homemade garlic pickles. Not fancy, but good.
 


Last night, I was in the mood for comfort food, so I made potato leek soup, and that was super nummy! I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures because I really really also wanted a a bath in my whirlpool tub, and that took precedence. I guess I can be selfish sometimes. :) 

Ingredients: one onion sliced thin, one leek sliced thin & rinsed well, some olive oil, butter, three stalks of celery chopped, 3 medium potatoes diced.

Simmer on the stove while taking a luxurious bath. When the soup is done, use an immersion blender to mix. Best left chunky. Do not overmix. Enjoy!


Finally, here are some pictures of food Mom and I made for dinner this weekend. The green stuff is spigarelli. It tastes like broccoli. We just added butter and salt.

 
... a simple fruit salad...



...and pork roasted with root veggies...


and a glass of wine... (not pictured).
 
 
Here's wishing you the good, simple, tasty life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment